Making Trip to Uae Harmony

coalrunner
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: harman sf 260

Post by coalrunner » Mon. Feb. 08, 2010 6:32 pm

about to go see uae for a load of coal this weekend and wanted to know their procedures for loading. do they let you hand load up there? how are they to deal with? I called there today but the lady I spoke to sounded none too nice so I cut it short. how good is the coal? ive read some of your posts and it sounds good and good price. anyone get any recently? sorry guys lots of questions

jpen1
Stoker Coal Boiler: LL110
Coal Size/Type: Rice/ Buck

Post by jpen1 » Mon. Feb. 08, 2010 7:54 pm

They will load you with a bob cat 700 series skid steer. Each bucket holds about 500 lbs. That breaker is way to busy to let you hand load. You will first have to get weighed in. The scales are on the back side of the office . Go past the the bins and double back onto the scale. The "nice" :roll: lady will get your weight and ask which size you want. Then you'll go back around to the bins and get loaded. They usually have you back into a bin adjacent to the size you are getting. Then go get weighedout and pay the "nice" lady.

CoalHeat
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Baseburners & Antiques: Sears Signal Oak 15 & Andes Kitchen Range
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert

Post by CoalHeat » Mon. Feb. 08, 2010 8:05 pm

You won't be disappointed with the coal from Harmony. I don't remember what their hours are, usually most breakers close at noon on Saturday.

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Mon. Feb. 08, 2010 8:06 pm

Be sure to remove your hat as you come through the gate. That place is Sacred Ground. Never been there.....but your going to report back and give us the blow by blow description of the entire Blessed Event.

brckwlt

Post by brckwlt » Mon. Feb. 08, 2010 9:07 pm

My most recent trip to harmony I unloaded 19 empty buckets from my Pontiac Sunfire and grabbed my shovel and filled all 19 buckets myself and put them back into my car. No one seemed to have a problem with that. When I pulled in to get weighed before I got my coal I told the lady what I wanted to do and she didn't have a problem with it. I went on a Tuesday around 230 pm. I was able to get about 720 pounds in those 19 buckets.

Cap
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman SF 250, domestic hot water loop, heat accumulator
Coal Size/Type: Nut and Stove
Other Heating: Heat Pumps

Post by Cap » Mon. Feb. 08, 2010 10:01 pm

The nazi woman has always been nice to me. Who gave her the title???

Drive past the office/trailer around to the left onto the scale. Smile when you see the weighmaster. She'll wink in return. :P Drive back around front to the pile of coal you desire. He'll load it. Got back and see the weighmaster. Not a bad place.

brckwlt

Post by brckwlt » Mon. Feb. 08, 2010 11:10 pm

Please make sure you call before you go so you know if they have the coal you want in stock.

coalrunner

Post by coalrunner » Tue. Feb. 09, 2010 12:28 am

Thanks for all the help and info.ive kind of been looking forward to this trip for two weeks now and I cant wait! there is something about going on a coal run that I never get bored with and my wife will never understand(i catch heck monthly) ill give you all the play by play and even give the "nazi" a big smile for all. she's definitely cold on the phone. how could someone be so unhappy with all that good coal laying around? :D

gwjwbw

Post by gwjwbw » Tue. Feb. 09, 2010 5:54 am

where is ths place and what the pjone number

stovepipemike

Post by stovepipemike » Tue. Feb. 09, 2010 7:40 am

I just called Harmony presently.The woman said they have some rice if I only wanted 1 1/2 tons but if I do not make it up today I should call to verify they still have some left. She said the upcoming snow will cause a run on their supply today .She did sound as if it was a little "colder" up there.

brckwlt

Post by brckwlt » Tue. Feb. 09, 2010 8:34 am

gwjwbw wrote:where is ths place and what the pjone number
http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=13709791884 ... DBw&dtab=0

UAE Coal Corporation Associates
1 Harmony Rd, Mt Carmel, PA 17851-1880
(570) 339-4090‎

Category: Coal Mining & Shipping

http://www.cityfreq.com/callsign/wqdb624.html

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Tue. Feb. 09, 2010 9:27 am

Cap wrote:The nazi woman has always been nice to me. Who gave her the title???

Drive past the office/trailer around to the left onto the scale. Smile when you see the weighmaster. She'll wink in return. :P Drive back around front to the pile of coal you desire. He'll load it. Got back and see the weighmaster. Not a bad place.
There are two different women lori is the blonde / Coal Nazi that runs the place she is the one that answers the phone most people will not see her unless you go inside the trailer The black haired woman is the one that takes the money at the window Can't think of her name at the moment she is nice to deal with .

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.

Post by coal berner » Tue. Feb. 09, 2010 9:30 am

Wood'nCoal wrote:You won't be disappointed with the coal from Harmony. I don't remember what their hours are, usually most breakers close at noon on Saturday.
6 to 3 Pm Summer hours Mon - Fri winter 7 to 4 pm Mon - Fri Sat 6 to 12 noon all season

coal berner

Post by coal berner » Tue. Feb. 09, 2010 9:35 am

coalrunner wrote:about to go see uae for a load of coal this weekend and wanted to know their procedures for loading. do they let you hand load up there? how are they to deal with? I called there today but the lady I spoke to sounded none too nice so I cut it short. how good is the coal? ive read some of your posts and it sounds good and good price. anyone get any recently? sorry guys lots of questions
Yes you can hand load if that is what you need to do during the week it is better to do that On a Sat not so good very bussy place don't won't to hold up everybody else They load small truck & trailers with a bob cat skid loader 500 lb bucket The big trucks & trailers they use the big front end loader 3 & 4 Ton bucket the fill a hopper up and chute it into the truck or trailer

coalrunner

Post by coalrunner » Tue. Feb. 09, 2010 9:50 am

ill have to call to make sure they have a good supply of nut. thats good I can hand load. see my truck can only hold a ton so I was going to rent a small box truck. I figure with a bobcat they should be able to get the bucket inside the box then before they give me another bucket all I havr to do is push the coal to the back of the truck. sounded good in theory anyway

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”