Making Trip to Uae Harmony

BigJohn
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer X2
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by BigJohn » Wed. Feb. 24, 2010 12:37 pm

brckwit
With your weekly trips to Harmony Mine you have become the connection for Harmony information

Captain Michael

Post by Captain Michael » Wed. Feb. 24, 2010 11:21 pm

What happened to Superior? I know UAE is supposed to be good also but all the forum advice said Superior, whats up?

brckwlt

Post by brckwlt » Thu. Feb. 25, 2010 12:20 am

Captain Michael wrote:What happened to Superior? I know UAE is supposed to be good also but all the forum advice said Superior, whats up?
I have never burned superior myself, but harmony coal compared to what I burned before, there is no comparison. This coal is the holy grail of coal. The price for this coal is also extremely good. I personally have no reason to ever burn any other coal then harmony coal

God bless harmony mine and the good people of mt carmel

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Thu. Feb. 25, 2010 6:42 pm

Captain Michael wrote:What happened to Superior? I know UAE is supposed to be good also but all the forum advice said Superior, whats up?
Nothing wrong there still there 160 a ton More BTU's per lb but also more ash content then UAE also Superior has no ton
limits on there coal UAE can and does Put limits on what you can buy per week off them.
Last edited by coal berner on Fri. Feb. 26, 2010 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coalrunner
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: harman sf 260

Post by coalrunner » Fri. Feb. 26, 2010 12:07 pm

finally going to make my trip to the holy land of uae this week :o :D .i want to get a ton of nut there but as they don't have stove size(which I want to try)i thought about going over to superior to get a half ton too. Ive read on here that superior burns very hot. does it burn noticebly hotter than uae? sure wish uae would make stove size. I plan on hitting superior firt and having it on my truck then going to uae to load my trailer. sure hope that doesnt bother uae any but I don't want to make a ton of trips

Cap
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman SF 250, domestic hot water loop, heat accumulator
Coal Size/Type: Nut and Stove
Other Heating: Heat Pumps

Post by Cap » Fri. Feb. 26, 2010 12:46 pm

coalrunner wrote:finally going to make my trip to the holy land of uae this week :o :D .i want to get a ton of nut there but as they don't have stove size(which I want to try)i thought about going over to superior to get a half ton too. Ive read on here that superior burns very hot. does it burn noticebly hotter than uae? sure wish uae would make stove size. I plan on hitting superior firt and having it on my truck then going to uae to load my trailer. sure hope that doesnt bother uae any but I don't want to make a ton of trips
I'll be stopping in there tomorrow now that the other job has been postponed. I'm down to maybe a two week supply. Need to dig out the trailer. Look for the green Cherokee with a 4x8 Load-Rite.

BigJohn
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer X2
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by BigJohn » Fri. Feb. 26, 2010 1:23 pm

I will be there first thing in the mourning if I can find the trailer. I think it is under that snow pile somewhere.

brckwlt

Post by brckwlt » Fri. Feb. 26, 2010 5:24 pm

Enjoy your long trip to harmony tomorrow morning. :funny:

If Mt Carmel is anything like Sunbury, there shouldn't be any snow to dig the trailer out of.

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Fri. Feb. 26, 2010 6:39 pm

coalrunner wrote:finally going to make my trip to the holy land of uae this week :o :D .i want to get a ton of nut there but as they don't have stove size(which I want to try)i thought about going over to superior to get a half ton too. Ive read on here that superior burns very hot. does it burn noticebly hotter than uae? sure wish uae would make stove size. I plan on hitting superior firt and having it on my truck then going to uae to load my trailer. sure hope that doesnt bother uae any but I don't want to make a ton of trips
Call first to All breakers to make sure One there opened and Two they have the size you want especially Harmony
Superior will be 200 to 400 BTU's per lb higher then UAE coal If you want to save Time and miles You could go to Schuylkill
coal Processing it will be 5 miles before UAE on Route 901 you will go pass it on your way to UAE they will have stove size coal 150.00 a ton or 155.00 not sure The ash content will be higher then UAE like most other coal will be The BTU's are
good 13.300 to 13.400 per lb Yo also could goto Sherman coal breaker that will be on I-81 Exit 112 Route 54 1/4 mile of
the Exit I-81 top of ramp make a right go 1/4 mile breaker on your right They will have stove size coal 160 a ton
The Exit before SCH. Processing & UAE which is 116 Route 901

http://www.ibegin.com/directory/us/pennsylvania/l ... h-town-rd/

Exit 107 Route 209 6.5 miles from I-81 Or Exit 112 Route 54 towards Hegins abot 12 miles from I-81
184 Schwenks Road Hegins PA 17938
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q= ... iwloc=addr

brckwlt

Post by brckwlt » Sat. Feb. 27, 2010 8:01 am

Coal bins are nice and full this saturday morning if you need some good coal from harmony mine

Cap
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman SF 250, domestic hot water loop, heat accumulator
Coal Size/Type: Nut and Stove
Other Heating: Heat Pumps

Post by Cap » Sat. Feb. 27, 2010 8:34 am

Wow, you sure are an early bird. I haven't even finished Breakfast, :shock:
But the trailer is hitched and ready.

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sat. Feb. 27, 2010 8:47 am

The "CoalFire" comes through again! :D

brckwlt

Post by brckwlt » Sat. Feb. 27, 2010 9:22 am

Cap wrote:Wow, you sure are an early bird. I haven't even finished Breakfast, :shock:
But the trailer is hitched and ready.
Take some pictures when you go to the mine.

brckwlt

Post by brckwlt » Sat. Feb. 27, 2010 7:38 pm

CAP,

how did the trip to harmony mine go?

brckwlt

Post by brckwlt » Fri. Mar. 12, 2010 3:04 pm

Anyone make a trip to harmony lately?

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”