Making Trip to Uae Harmony

stovepipemike

Post by stovepipemike » Sat. Oct. 16, 2010 6:13 pm

Made the run to Harnony today.I was hesitant due to an imagined line, being as this is a Saturday.There were no lines,only a steady stream of folks getting coal but no backup.All bins held an ample supply.I saw everything from robust dump trucks to small pickup trucks with their mudflaps dragging the ground, to the guy that had two industrial sized trash cans strapped to his dead deer platform which was poked in his hitch receiver on his SUV.Thats what is so great about it all,everybody can do their own thing and it all seems to work.The coal looks beautiful. The trees are showing nice color and the air was crisp. How can you possibly beat a day like this? Took a bunch of pictures but when I got here to post them the camera held no pictures.I hate electronic things with a passion. My numbers look like this: Gross 12200 Tare 8600 Net 3600 Tons 1.8 Total $270. Can't wait to do it again!! Regards, Mike

Captain Michael

Post by Captain Michael » Sun. Oct. 17, 2010 2:26 am

It is a sickness we all share!!

Cap
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman SF 250, domestic hot water loop, heat accumulator
Coal Size/Type: Nut and Stove
Other Heating: Heat Pumps

Post by Cap » Fri. Oct. 29, 2010 6:37 pm

Ok list, I pull out of UAE today loaded with 2240 lbs of nut. (I could of squeezed an additional 300 lbs but I don't like to overload the equipment). A little ways down the road I get slowed by a hugh truck loaded with coal. Single lane twisty stuff. Then I realized I was just behind this guy at the scale house. His tags, ME on the trailer & CT on the tractor.
I passed him on the long uphill approach to Rt81. I was in 2nd gear, he was in...? But it was slow! He hopped on Rt81N

So, who ordered a hugh load destined for CT or thereabouts :?: :lol:

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”