Looking for Cheap Place in Harrisburg to Get Bagged Coal

mason coal burner
Stove/Furnace Make: hitzer/glenwood
Stove/Furnace Model: 82/111

Post Sun. Feb. 07, 2010 12:43 pm

my father-inlaw is at the outdoor show and I asked him to get me some coal while he was there . looking for somewere close for him to pick up some bagged coal . go check him out the name of his outfitting business is Adiar's wilderness lodge NB Canada .

New Hope Engineer
Coal Size/Type: Nut pea
Stove/Furnace Make: RUSSO
Stove/Furnace Model: CW-1

Post Mon. Feb. 08, 2010 7:22 pm

mason coal burner wrote:my father-inlaw is at the outdoor show and I asked him to get me some coal while he was there . looking for somewere close for him to pick up some bagged coal . go check him out the name of his outfitting business is Adiar's wilderness lodge NB Canada .
i will be there sunday to book a boar hunt for my daughter,i will have to see if I can find him as it is a huge show. :)

whistlenut
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA130's,260's, AHS130&260's,EFM900,GJ & V-Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Franks,Itasca 415,Jensen, NYer 130,Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska, EFM, Keystoker, Yellow Flame
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska, Keystoker-2,Leisure Line
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska, Gibraltar, Keystone,Vc Vigilant 2
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Ford, Jensen, NYer, Van Wert,
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwoods
Coal Size/Type: Barley, Buck, Rice ,Nut, Stove
Other Heating: Oil HWBB

Post Mon. Feb. 08, 2010 7:35 pm

There is no such thing as 'Cheap Anything' anymore. Are you going to bring it back to NH or are you just looking for a deal right there? It costs about the same in PA as it does in NH, plus the trucking. Even if you truck it, the $60 a ton you pay for trucking won't be a break even threshold in your own rig. No free lunches.....we are all in the same boat. Gotta go bulk and split up a load.....if we can find an equitable way to do it.
By the way, coming back up 81 from Harrisburg, puts you in the belly of the coal beast.

Visit Lehigh Anthracite

mason coal burner
Stove/Furnace Make: hitzer/glenwood
Stove/Furnace Model: 82/111

Post Wed. Feb. 10, 2010 9:25 pm

he is driving a 15 passenger van I want him to pack as much coal in the van as he can and bring it back to NH. kind of late in the season to get a big load. but it is a definate for next year. its frustrating knowing I am paying double hear than what I could get it in PA.

Bud63
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Surdiac 715
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post Thu. Feb. 11, 2010 1:37 am

If your father in law has not located a source for bagged coal, he could call (717) 865-5060, Jono Hardware, which is located on Rt. 22 Jonestown, PA 1 mile west of Rt. 72. Rt. 72 (Lickdale, I think) is an exit off Interstate 81N/S and Jonestown and Rt. 22 are a couple minutes (5 or 10) south on Rt. 72. I have no idea on cost or quality. Good luck.

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”