Where to Get Coal in Mckean County, PA?

Got Coal? You can make dealer inquiries here for both anthracite and bituminous coal. Co-op information for those looking to purchase in bulk as a group. Reviews on different brands and dealers.
hutchins520
Stove/Furnace Make: warm morning
Stove/Furnace Model: 520

Post Wed. Feb. 03, 2010 6:07 pm

Hello there. I'm new to this forum and to coal burning. But it's been 3 days since firing up my warm morning 520 and I'm already hooked! My husband thinks i'm insane, but a very warm insane woman is more fun than a cold one! The posts I've read from this forum have been a life saver. the house we have moved into has been my family's hunting cabin. it's an old brick house that on a sunny day you can see sunlight coming through the brick like a movie projector. great fun on a blizzardy day. 3 rooms have been insulated, the rest are sieves. with no furnace. we must rely on our own wits to stay warm. and never go anywhere for more than a day. i'd have it no other way. I've said all that to say this: where can I buy some good coal for minimal money? I have a wood burning stove upstairs, and the warm morning 520 in the basement. it's nice to have warm toasty feet instead of biting cold feet!.
I ain't never seen em, but my common sense tells me the Andes is foothills, and the Alps is for children to climb. These here is God's finest scupturings. And there ain't no laws for the brave ones. And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones. there ain't no churches, except for this right here. And there ain't no priests excepting the birds. By God, I are a mountain man, and I'll live til an arrow or a bullet finds me. And then I'll leave my bones on this great map of the magnificent

hutchins520

Post Wed. Feb. 03, 2010 6:10 pm

forgot to say where... mckean county, pa, or thereabouts.
I ain't never seen em, but my common sense tells me the Andes is foothills, and the Alps is for children to climb. These here is God's finest scupturings. And there ain't no laws for the brave ones. And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones. there ain't no churches, except for this right here. And there ain't no priests excepting the birds. By God, I are a mountain man, and I'll live til an arrow or a bullet finds me. And then I'll leave my bones on this great map of the magnificent

hutchins520

Post Wed. Feb. 03, 2010 7:09 pm

Hello there. I'm new to this forum and to coal burning. But it's been 3 days since firing up my warm morning 520 and I'm already hooked! My husband thinks i'm insane, but a very warm insane woman is more fun than a cold one! The posts I've read from this forum have been a life saver. the house we have moved into has been my family's hunting cabin. it's an old brick house that on a sunny day you can see sunlight coming through the brick like a movie projector. great fun on a blizzardy day. 3 rooms have been insulated, the rest are sieves. with no furnace. we must rely on our own wits to stay warm. and never go anywhere for more than a day. i'd have it no other way. I've said all that to say this: where can I buy some good coal for minimal money? I have a wood burning stove upstairs, and the warm morning 520 in the basement. it's nice to have warm toasty feet instead of biting cold feet!.
I guess I botched this whole post. Didn't even have a subject title somehow. hopefully someone will read it!

Visit Lehigh Anthracite

Black_And_Blue
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska 140

Post Wed. Feb. 03, 2010 7:12 pm

I'm sure a PA member will be along shortly.

Welcome aboard. :)
Affirmed Global Warming Denier.

Poconoeagle
Stove/Furnace Make: Buckwalter & Co. , EFM520
Stove/Furnace Model: No. 28 Glenwood 1880, Alaska

Post Wed. Feb. 03, 2010 7:15 pm

the nearest ace hardware store??

Costa’s Ace Hardware
323 E. Water St.
Ph. 887-5542
"Do it Right the First Time" dont leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the Next guy!!

hutchins520

Post Wed. Feb. 03, 2010 7:24 pm

i'll call thanks. never thought to check with them. nearest would be st. mary's pa.

Visit Lehigh Anthracite

samhill
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Post Wed. Feb. 03, 2010 7:26 pm

Are there any Amish over your way, I`m in Crawford County & most of the coal suppliers here are Amish but I`m sure you can find some local stove shops that sell bagged coal.
"Any fool can criticize, condemn & complain & most fools do." Benjamin Franklin

Cap
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman SF 250, domestic hot water loop, heat accumulator
Coal Size/Type: Nut and Stove
Other Heating: Heat Pumps

Post Wed. Feb. 03, 2010 7:40 pm

Hutch-Do you have a pick up truck or a trailer? You near Bradford, right? There should be a coal supplier in Bedford, maybe St Mary's too.
Cap
Lehigh Twp.
Northampton Co., PA

acesover
Stove/Furnace Make: Baker
Stove/Furnace Model: insert, modified

Post Wed. Feb. 03, 2010 7:46 pm

I like your words at the end of your post, from the movie Jaremiah Johnson... a good movie. welcom
Ray

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker, LL & CoalTrol
Stove/Furnace Model: 90K, Hyfire I, VF3000 Soon

Post Thu. Feb. 04, 2010 7:27 am

Depending on where you are in PA and how close you are to NY/PA Border.
Petersons Coal & Stoves in Portville, NY. (Rt. 305 North)
Sissons Stoves in Bolivar, NY
- Dave
Hyfire I & Keystoker 90K heating an 1890 Victorian
- Amsoil Authorized T1 Certified Dealer

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”