I Have a Few Questions for Truck Drivers

Got Coal? You can make dealer inquiries here for both anthracite and bituminous coal. Co-op information for those looking to purchase in bulk as a group. Reviews on different brands and dealers.
Post Reply
New Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon. Jun. 29, 2009 7:50 pm

Post Sun. Jan. 10, 2010 10:17 am

I am thinking of purchasing a tri-axle and have a few questions First what all numbers and permits do I need (ifta us dot puc heavy vehicle ) I do have a 26000 lbs coal truck now and also an A cdl just wondering everone I talk to either don't know or isn't sure Thanks In advance Kevin I plan on hauling mostly stone and some coal (for hire) also maybe out of state coal

Posts: 1262
Joined: Sat. Apr. 21, 2007 11:35 pm
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker - Rice Coal
Stove/Furnace Model: 75K - Bay Window - Direct Vent
Location: thompson , ohio

Post Sun. Jan. 10, 2010 11:07 am

Probably the DMW and License Bureau. Wouldn't trust what people tell ya.
"Politicians are like socks; if you don't change them often enough they start to stink."

Visit Lehigh Anthracite

Posts: 11333
Joined: Thu. Mar. 13, 2008 10:29 am
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75
Location: Linesville, Pa.

Post Sun. Jan. 10, 2010 11:19 am

In Pa. all you need is a class B cdl, allowed 73, 280 if I remember right the Pa. tags & inspections are what kill you, the permits are once a year weren`t too bad from what I recall but you got to keep it rolling to make money.
"Any fool can criticize, condemn & complain & most fools do." Benjamin Franklin

User avatar
Duengeon master
Posts: 1944
Joined: Sun. May. 06, 2007 7:32 am
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark III
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite pea and nut mix. Bituminous lump
Location: Penndel, Pa.

Post Sun. Jan. 10, 2010 2:31 pm

Just load it up and take it over the Greenwich scale in Ct. they will tell you what you need. $3,000 in fines later you'll know! :D :D

If hauling in state, you need a registration. If out of state, you will need apportioned registration, and ifta. In state you need a P U C permit. plus more.
I am a free man. Free men and women are not part of a collective, we are individuals.

The question isn’t who is going to let me, it’s who is going to stop me... Ayn Rand

Post Reply

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”