New Jersey (North) COAL DEALER

Smoker858
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Baseburners & Antiques: Reading Stove Works Penn circa 1900
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: nat gas

Post by Smoker858 » Mon. Nov. 12, 2012 2:48 pm

Crazy4coal delivered early last season. Long story short now have the wife to burn it. Her new hip works good. Well same wife but she's now functional. Oh the coal burns to a very fine tan ash. Bob sure handles some fine coal.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Mon. Nov. 12, 2012 3:03 pm

Damn smoker, the bionic wife--that's outstanding. ;)

georgedj

Post by georgedj » Thu. Nov. 15, 2012 8:33 pm

crazy4coal wrote:It's been almost a year since anyone posted here so I'll break the ice. We are still here and have bagged coal in stock. We are open on weekends and welcome pickups. Give us a call at 973-862-0079 or 973-862-0120. Come on New Jersey the cold is on it's way and fuel oil is going up daily. Feel the warmth of coal!
I know only do weekends is there any way I could get some bags to last me for a couple of weeks until I make a bin

Jersey John
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS 1500
Coal Size/Type: Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Regency Wood Stove

Post by Jersey John » Tue. Feb. 25, 2014 9:11 am

Morning folks ~ If it's Tuesday, it must be Belgium...remember that film? Anyway, Tuesday morning...18 degrees at 8:45 am

With the return to cold temperatures this week, and the 2-3 feet of snow in my yard from previous storms, I decided to purchase some bagged coal. Previously, I was picking up a 1/2 ton at a time, driving it down onto my yard and unloading into two coal bins I built next to my house. With bagged coal, simply place it onto a big black toboggan I bought 20 years ago to move wood in the snow, and can slide 200-300lbs down my property with ease.

Having been pleased with the coal for the most part from Wilson, their bagged coal price was too high. I was ready to drop in to Jefferson Lumbar to pick up several bags of Blaschack, but they cost $7.00 for 40lbs. Instead, I picked up 10 bags of Kimmel Nut Coal and 4 bags of Kimmel Pea Coal from American Coal, LLC for $98.00 (50lbs for $7.00)

So far...VERY PLEASED! Both the pea and nut burn very evenly, with very little ash. Best of all, no large unburnt pieces as I was experiencing recently with the Reading Coal from Wilson. I also realize that when I go to poke the coal down to the grates, there is not as noticeable a shift in the coal. With Reading, I often would have to poke it to even meet the grates in order for me to shake them to the pan below. I usually shake it enough that some hot embers reach the pan, and then watch to make sure the flames are stronger after adding a couple of small scoops of coal.

Since this is my first season of coal burning, I've had no other comparison to report. But, now that I know what to expect with Bob and Ralph's coal at American Coal, I'll be sure to be picking up at least 1/2 if not all my supply in the future. At 1/2 power, I'm getting the same heat output I was getting at 3/4 power with Reading...

crazy4coal

Post by crazy4coal » Tue. Feb. 25, 2014 5:46 pm

Thank you, John and give us a call anytime. Bob

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”