New Jersey (North) COAL DEALER

Got Coal? You can make dealer inquiries here for both anthracite and bituminous coal. Co-op information for those looking to purchase in bulk as a group. Reviews on different brands and dealers.
CoalHeat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Baseburners & Antiques: Sears Signal Oak 15 & Andes Kitchen Range
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert

Post Tue. Dec. 28, 2010 6:40 pm

The coal from American has been great and most important, CONSISTANT.
As a bonus, there terrific, honest and friendly guys. I won't go anywhere else for my Pea coal.
Yea, Bob's a good egg.
Heating a circa 1832 farmhouse with a Harman Magnafire Mark I & a 1959 EFM 350 (heating DHW).
100% Oil Free!
"It's what we learn after we think we know it all that counts."

spaserg
Stove/Furnace Make: mark III

Post Tue. Feb. 08, 2011 1:21 pm

Fairclough in Paterson coal hotter in burn and has red ash with clinkers, this year I used Wilson from Sparta and ash is white and almost no clinkers (very powdery ash) but burn temp is lower ,much lover then from Fairclough fuel company.Usually I used 4 tons per year, I think if it's lower temp its' mean I need more coal==> more money.So probably next year I go back to fairclough, or try Craizy4coal??. This is just my opnion about coal from two different company. Will see. Best regards to all .

Smoker858
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Baseburners & Antiques: Reading Stove Works Penn circa 1900
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: nat gas
Stove/Furnace Make: HITZER
Stove/Furnace Model: 50-93

Post Fri. Oct. 28, 2011 5:54 pm

Got 3 tons bagged NUT. Hitzer 93-50 going in Saturday The dog can't wait, the wife is freezing but all good things take time.

Will report on coal characteristics later

crazy4coal
Stove/Furnace Make: buderus
Stove/Furnace Model: logana

Post Sat. Oct. 06, 2012 7:47 pm

It's been almost a year since anyone posted here so I'll break the ice. We are still here and have bagged coal in stock. We are open on weekends and welcome pickups. Give us a call at 973-862-0079 or 973-862-0120. Come on New Jersey the cold is on it's way and fuel oil is going up daily. Feel the warmth of coal!
Owner of American Coal LLC. Sussex County N.J. (Bagged only)

Visit Lehigh Anthracite

Smoker858
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Baseburners & Antiques: Reading Stove Works Penn circa 1900
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: nat gas
Stove/Furnace Make: HITZER
Stove/Furnace Model: 50-93

Post Mon. Nov. 12, 2012 2:48 pm

Crazy4coal delivered early last season. Long story short now have the wife to burn it. Her new hip works good. Well same wife but she's now functional. Oh the coal burns to a very fine tan ash. Bob sure handles some fine coal.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post Mon. Nov. 12, 2012 3:03 pm

Damn smoker, the bionic wife--that's outstanding. ;)
"A people that values it's privileges above it's principals, soon loses both"--Dwight D Eisenhower

georgedj
Stove/Furnace Make: Stratford
Stove/Furnace Model: SC100

Post Thu. Nov. 15, 2012 8:33 pm

crazy4coal wrote:It's been almost a year since anyone posted here so I'll break the ice. We are still here and have bagged coal in stock. We are open on weekends and welcome pickups. Give us a call at 973-862-0079 or 973-862-0120. Come on New Jersey the cold is on it's way and fuel oil is going up daily. Feel the warmth of coal!
I know only do weekends is there any way I could get some bags to last me for a couple of weeks until I make a bin

mattcoalburner
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Reading Juniata

Post Thu. Nov. 15, 2012 8:45 pm

TimW wrote:Hey guys, I've burning coal for about two months now in an AHS S130 Coal Boiler. I finally got a few pictures to share, but wrt this thread I wanted to post my coal ash and get your feedback on whether it looks like it should or not. I have no prior experience and nothing to compare it with. I purchased my bagged coal from crazy4coal. We've been enjoying the heat so much we've gotten relaxed on our thermostat :notsure: I've already used 25% of my coal and I thought I was well-covered for the season... I may just need to get some more in a few months. We're heating both baseboard and domestic water. Anyway, here's the pictures of the coal ash. Any comments?
Coal Ash 12-2009.jpg
Coal Ash2 12-2009.jpg
Ashes don't look horrible, a little more red color and fusion then I like but not bad a t all

Visit Lehigh Anthracite

CoalHeat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Baseburners & Antiques: Sears Signal Oak 15 & Andes Kitchen Range
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert

Post Thu. Nov. 15, 2012 8:55 pm

georgedj wrote:
crazy4coal wrote:It's been almost a year since anyone posted here so I'll break the ice. We are still here and have bagged coal in stock. We are open on weekends and welcome pickups. Give us a call at 973-862-0079 or 973-862-0120. Come on New Jersey the cold is on it's way and fuel oil is going up daily. Feel the warmth of coal!
I know only do weekends is there any way I could get some bags to last me for a couple of weeks until I make a bin
Call him!!!
Heating a circa 1832 farmhouse with a Harman Magnafire Mark I & a 1959 EFM 350 (heating DHW).
100% Oil Free!
"It's what we learn after we think we know it all that counts."

Jersey John
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS 1500
Coal Size/Type: Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Regency Wood Stove

Post Tue. Feb. 25, 2014 9:11 am

Morning folks ~ If it's Tuesday, it must be Belgium...remember that film? Anyway, Tuesday morning...18 degrees at 8:45 am

With the return to cold temperatures this week, and the 2-3 feet of snow in my yard from previous storms, I decided to purchase some bagged coal. Previously, I was picking up a 1/2 ton at a time, driving it down onto my yard and unloading into two coal bins I built next to my house. With bagged coal, simply place it onto a big black toboggan I bought 20 years ago to move wood in the snow, and can slide 200-300lbs down my property with ease.

Having been pleased with the coal for the most part from Wilson, their bagged coal price was too high. I was ready to drop in to Jefferson Lumbar to pick up several bags of Blaschack, but they cost $7.00 for 40lbs. Instead, I picked up 10 bags of Kimmel Nut Coal and 4 bags of Kimmel Pea Coal from American Coal, LLC for $98.00 (50lbs for $7.00)

So far...VERY PLEASED! Both the pea and nut burn very evenly, with very little ash. Best of all, no large unburnt pieces as I was experiencing recently with the Reading Coal from Wilson. I also realize that when I go to poke the coal down to the grates, there is not as noticeable a shift in the coal. With Reading, I often would have to poke it to even meet the grates in order for me to shake them to the pan below. I usually shake it enough that some hot embers reach the pan, and then watch to make sure the flames are stronger after adding a couple of small scoops of coal.

Since this is my first season of coal burning, I've had no other comparison to report. But, now that I know what to expect with Bob and Ralph's coal at American Coal, I'll be sure to be picking up at least 1/2 if not all my supply in the future. At 1/2 power, I'm getting the same heat output I was getting at 3/4 power with Reading...

crazy4coal
Stove/Furnace Make: buderus
Stove/Furnace Model: logana

Post Tue. Feb. 25, 2014 5:46 pm

Thank you, John and give us a call anytime. Bob
Owner of American Coal LLC. Sussex County N.J. (Bagged only)

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”