I Have 24 Tons of Superior Buckwheat for Sale in Northern NH

great north woods

Post by great north woods » Wed. Sep. 09, 2009 9:12 pm

I bought 24+- tons of Superior buckwheat last July and had it delivered by Ray from Double Run Trucking. I also had a Keystoker KA6 on order and scheduled for a Nov. 08 delivery. Guess we all know how that went. Called the local distributor in Oct., Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, and March and each time was told "anytime"! I cancelled the order at the end of March. He calls me in June to let me know it's in if I want it. As it turns out we are looking to move and will not need the coal furnace or the the 24 tons of coal that has never been used.

I will sell it at $300.00 per ton (2 ton minimum) bagged in 50# bags (once I figure and what kind of bags to use and where to purchase them)(suggestions welcome!)

For quantities less than 2 tons price will be $330.00 per ton or $8.25 per 50#bag.

I am located in Colebrook, NH approx. 3 hours from Portland, ME, Manchester, NH, Burlington, VT.

John

Duengeon master
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark III
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite pea and nut mix. Bituminous lump

Post by Duengeon master » Wed. Sep. 09, 2009 9:36 pm

That hurts worse than when I broke my tiblia bone last year!!! :crutch: :stretcher: Sorry, my hand fired won't burn anything that small. :(

009to090

Post by 009to090 » Wed. Sep. 09, 2009 9:46 pm

great north woods wrote: or the the 24 tons of coal that has never been used.
John
Unused coal, the best kind to burn :D :D :D Sorry John, I had to say it. :D
Moving far? Wow, can't you take the coal & stove with you? I plan to take mine with us if we need to move. Paid too much for it to leave it behind :D
Well I know you'll be able to sell it, no problem.

CapeCoaler
Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

Post by CapeCoaler » Wed. Sep. 09, 2009 10:36 pm

Colebrook is way northern NH!
Hop and skip to Canada...
Friend from college lived up there...
Outside of town...
In the 'country'...
Found out how 'cold' cold really is...
-45*...

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Wed. Sep. 09, 2009 11:21 pm

Duengeon master wrote:Sorry, my hand fired won't burn anything that small. :(
You can.... I used to have a few customers that would get like 4 ton of nut and one ton of rice. I'd shoot the rice over onto one side of the bin or they'd have separate compartment for it. They'd use it as a damper, fill the firebox up then throw a few scoops of rice over the top. Maybe at night before they went to bed or in the morning before leaving for work. You're really going to knock the heat down if you do that but you'll get a longer burn out of it.

The buck is little larger, you can burn it in some smaller stoves like a Franco Belge but that has smaller grates.

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Wed. Sep. 09, 2009 11:41 pm

great north woods wrote:I bought 24+- tons of Superior buckwheat last July and had it delivered by Ray from Double Run Trucking. I also had a Keystoker KA6 on order and scheduled for a Nov. 08 delivery. Guess we all know how that went. Called the local distributor in Oct., Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, and March and each time was told "anytime"! I cancelled the order at the end of March. He calls me in June to let me know it's in if I want it. As it turns out we are looking to move and will not need the coal furnace or the the 24 tons of coal that has never been used.

I will sell it at $300.00 per ton (2 ton minimum) bagged in 50# bags (once I figure and what kind of bags to use and where to purchase them)(suggestions welcome!)

For quantities less than 2 tons price will be $330.00 per ton or $8.25 per 50#bag.

I am located in Colebrook, NH approx. 3 hours from Portland, ME, Manchester, NH, Burlington, VT.

John
If you do not mind saying what did they charge for delivery per ton or miles
As Far as bags get used or new feed bags use wire to tie them up that is pretty much is what some of the coal bagging plants use plastic poly bags

great north woods

Post by great north woods » Thu. Sep. 10, 2009 5:52 am

Paid $100.00 per ton for transportation.

Duengeon master
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark III
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite pea and nut mix. Bituminous lump

Post by Duengeon master » Thu. Sep. 10, 2009 6:52 am

Richard S. wrote:
Duengeon master wrote:Sorry, my hand fired won't burn anything that small. :(
You can.... I used to have a few customers that would get like 4 ton of nut and one ton of rice. I'd shoot the rice over onto one side of the bin or they'd have separate compartment for it. They'd use it as a damper, fill the firebox up then throw a few scoops of rice over the top. Maybe at night before they went to bed or in the morning before leaving for work. You're really going to knock the heat down if you do that but you'll get a longer burn out of it.

The buck is little larger, you can burn it in some smaller stoves like a Franco Belge but that has smaller grates.
I have 3 tons of pea. can I mix buck with pea?

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Thu. Sep. 10, 2009 11:39 am

You can always try it, as long as you have a fire in the stove you shouldn't lose much through the grates. You're not going to lose any if you use it as I described. I'd get a few bags first to see how it works before buying any large quantities.

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.

Post by coal berner » Thu. Sep. 10, 2009 1:58 pm

great north woods wrote:Paid $100.00 per ton for transportation.
Thanks so you have a total of 260 a ton invested in the coal Not including your time moving / bagging it .

coal berner

Post by coal berner » Thu. Sep. 10, 2009 2:14 pm

Duengeon master wrote:
Richard S. wrote: You can.... I used to have a few customers that would get like 4 ton of nut and one ton of rice. I'd shoot the rice over onto one side of the bin or they'd have separate compartment for it. They'd use it as a damper, fill the firebox up then throw a few scoops of rice over the top. Maybe at night before they went to bed or in the morning before leaving for work. You're really going to knock the heat down if you do that but you'll get a longer burn out of it.

I have 3 tons of pea. can I mix buck with pea?
Pea Size Should be 13/16 X 9/16 Buck size Should be 9/16 X 5/16 That is Anthracite Standard size some breakers
are right on with the size and others run Over size & Under size coal depending on how wear out the screens are
and aswell as how much bigger size or smaller size They may have stockpiles of one size of coal and may not have enough of other size coal then they will mix sizes to either get rid of one size or make up for the other size .
Then you also will have breakage issue in the process .

great north woods

Post by great north woods » Thu. Sep. 10, 2009 4:58 pm

Correct.

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”