Info on Gale Mining Co Pottsville, PA

efo141

Post by efo141 » Sun. Jun. 14, 2009 3:33 pm

Does anyone know anything about or burned coal from Gale Mining Co 1441 Oak Rd, Pottsville, PA 17901? This is what they emailed me. "Ed, our coal is cleaned to standard anthracite specifications which vary from size to size.ASTM allows nut coal to be 11% ash,pea coal 12%,And buck and rice must be 13% or better.We have a product that is consistently good and meets these minimum standards.Our feedstock is blended so our ash falls between red and white,we call it tan ash, and find blended coals to be less troublesome for the enduser"

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Sun. Jun. 14, 2009 7:36 pm

efo141 wrote:Does anyone know anything about or burned coal from Gale Mining Co 1441 Oak Rd, Pottsville, PA 17901? This is what they emailed me. "Ed, our coal is cleaned to standard anthracite specifications which vary from size to size.ASTM allows nut coal to be 11% ash,pea coal 12%,And buck and rice must be 13% or better.We have a product that is consistently good and meets these minimum standards.Our feedstock is blended so our ash falls between red and white,we call it tan ash, and find blended coals to be less troublesome for the enduser"
They are a Surface mine company. The address above is his home address they mine all over Schuylkill & Carbon County
they are like evey other Surface mine Co They mine where the coal is . What more would you like to know about them
**Broken Link(s) Removed**http://www.dep.state.pa.us/dep/deputate/minres/bm ... -05-09.pdf

efo141

Post by efo141 » Sun. Jun. 14, 2009 9:34 pm

coal berner, I am looking for feedback on there coal quality. Have you burned there coal? The truck load price he gave was cheap compared to others I called. Thanks, Ed

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Mon. Jun. 15, 2009 12:59 pm

efo141 wrote:coal berner, I am looking for feedback on there coal quality. Have you burned there coal? The truck load price he gave was cheap compared to others I called. Thanks, Ed
The coal is going to be like most if not all of the other suface mined coal in the area because they are in the same veins of coal as the other's They also sell there coal to most of the surface mined coal breakers so depending where you got your coal in the past you might of already burned there coal and did even know it . Remember there are more
Suface mine coal Co. Then there are Coal breaker's / Coal processing Plants so the coal goes to whatever breaker is looking for Coal or to whoever they have a contract with to sell there coal to. Some breakers to a better Job processing the raw coal / mine run then others do. So that would be more important to me knowing who is processing there coal. See if they will tell you what breaker they are sending there coal to and get back to me threw a PM. I will let you know my thoughts on the breaker and the Quality of the coal .

fifthg
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: warm morning # 500
Baseburners & Antiques: Peninsular Western Hot Blast No.44K and Reading Foundry & Supply Co.

Post by fifthg » Mon. Aug. 03, 2009 10:51 am

it's a good crew at gale mining.in business for generations and very accomodating,willing to meet your needs and schedule.they have a guy with 30 years experience preparing the coal and run a small but efficient operation.they are just off rte 81@ exit 138,then down 309 south at the bottom of the "mile hill"

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Sun. Jun. 23, 2013 10:12 pm

fifthg wrote:Gale now has their top quality coal bagged,palletized and shrink-wrapped.It is on special introductory pricing rate of $200/ton for nut,pea,or buck and $210/ton for rice.Their bagging system puts the coal in a bag right in the breaker,it never hits the ground or is rehandled,and has to be the cleanest,truest to size in the business.

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”