Looking to Split a Trailer Truck Load of Blashak Coal

mr1precision
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson AA-130

Post by mr1precision » Sat. May. 09, 2009 10:20 pm

I live in Central Ma and I'm looking to see if anyone in the area wants to go halfs on a trailer truck of Blashak Coal. I would consider Reading also. I have a fork truck on my end if that helps.
BAGGED PEA.
Last edited by mr1precision on Sun. May. 10, 2009 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Sun. May. 10, 2009 7:14 am

Bagged? :shock: Or bulk? :) .

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sun. May. 10, 2009 8:22 am

I think Blashack only comes bagged. The real question is....what size? Oh look! Under your photo it mentions pea...can we assume pea size? What's the price going to be?

mr1precision

Post by mr1precision » Sun. May. 10, 2009 9:31 am

Freddy wrote:I think Blashack only comes bagged. The real question is....what size? Oh look! Under your photo it mentions pea...can we assume pea size? What's the price going to be?
Freddy, this is only the first step. I want to find some thats interested 1st. And yes bagged pea. I was hoping to get Blashak or Reading. Also I was scoping out Penn Keystone but I'm not too sure about it. I suspect its kimmel and I hate the bags but the coal is good. I don't have to get all pea either. I would think we could get half pea and half nut or rice.

Any thoughts?

Yanche
Stoker Coal Boiler: Alternate Heating Systems S-130
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Pea

Post by Yanche » Sun. May. 10, 2009 10:05 am

Freddy wrote:I think Blashack only comes bagged.
Blashack also sells bulk. I bought 10 tons of Blashack pea coal a month ago. It was a special deal offered me by a coal retailer. $165 a ton plus $20 delivery charge. Blashack is the brand, Sterner Coal, Hanover, PA sells. He buys the well selling sizes delivered in trailer load quantiles. The pea coal he sold me was not a well selling size so he decided not to stock it. He will still sell it to you in 10 ton loads by going to Blaschack with his own ten ton capacity coal delivery truck.

CapeCoaler
Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

Post by CapeCoaler » Sun. May. 10, 2009 6:29 pm

The bulk is going to be cheaper but you need a commercial scale nearby and a front loader.
The bulk load of bagged nut from Penn was close to $280 ton.
The bulk load of loose was closer to $220.
If you have a Coal Dealer nearby that is reasonable you may be able to split a load with them.
They have all the equipment to weigh and load.
This is a slow time of year and they may be more interested in 'half a loaf of bread rather than none'.
Pay cash up front and pick it up yourself in return for a reduced price.
You never know until you ask.
Most people who use coal are reasonable. :lol:

mr1precision

Post by mr1precision » Sun. May. 10, 2009 8:51 pm

CapeCoaler wrote:The bulk is going to be cheaper but you need a commercial scale nearby and a front loader.
The bulk load of bagged nut from Penn was close to $280 ton.
The bulk load of loose was closer to $220.
If you have a Coal Dealer nearby that is reasonable you may be able to split a load with them.
They have all the equipment to weigh and load.
This is a slow time of year and they may be more interested in 'half a loaf of bread rather than none'.
Pay cash up front and pick it up yourself in return for a reduced price.
You never know until you ask.
Most people who use coal are reasonable. :lol:
I'm looking for bagged only. I can unload on my end with a fork truck and who ever is interested in going halfs I would load them at their convenience. Or the truck could make a 2nd delivery to the next buyer. If its to much of a pain I'll buy the whole load but I was hoping not to this year. It should keep for a while though huh?. :D Thanks anyways.

009to090

Post by 009to090 » Sun. May. 10, 2009 9:02 pm

mr1precision wrote: If its to much of a pain I'll buy the whole load but I was hoping not to this year. It should keep for a while though huh?. :D Thanks anyways.
Buying the whole load yourself is actually a good idea, its like putting your money in a savings account. The value of the coal will not go down, and most certianly will go up over the years. :D
Buy the whole load, then put an ad in the local papers and re-sale some of it retail :idea:

26Weeks

Post by 26Weeks » Mon. May. 11, 2009 8:01 pm

Did you post on craigslist? When I bought mine I put out the word to my friends and could have split 3 loads. Decided it would be to much of a pain to split so I kept it but that was bulk. It would be easier to split bags. Brian

mr1precision

Post by mr1precision » Mon. May. 11, 2009 10:21 pm

26Weeks wrote:Did you post on craigslist? When I bought mine I put out the word to my friends and could have split 3 loads. Decided it would be to much of a pain to split so I kept it but that was bulk. It would be easier to split bags. Brian
Craigslist? ......CRAIGSLIST??? :shock: This is a COAL FORUM not Craigslist!!! THIS IS THE GREATIST COAL FORUM IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE, SIR . I'll try this first, then I'll try craigslist. I have no strong feelings on the matter. Thanks for the advice. :D
Just messin with ya.

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Tue. May. 12, 2009 1:40 am

Freddy wrote:I think Blashack only comes bagged. The real question is....what size? Oh look! Under your photo it mentions pea...can we assume pea size? What's the price going to be?
Blaschak is a Coal breaker with a bagging Plant Of course they sell bulk loose coal By Truck & Rail They have two
coal breakers one bagging plant.
**Broken Link(s) Removed**

http://www.manta.com/c/mmg5c22/blaschak-coal-corp

Paulie

Post by Paulie » Tue. May. 12, 2009 5:15 am

If you have a dealer even kind of close, blashack will not sell you direct, bagged or bulk. You can make a deal for direct
delivery through a dealer, you may save some $$. Most if not all of the major marketers of anthracite will protect dealer
territories.

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Tue. May. 12, 2009 9:49 am

Paulie wrote:If you have a dealer even kind of close, blashack will not sell you direct, bagged or bulk. You can make a deal for direct
delivery through a dealer, you may save some $$. Most if not all of the major marketers of anthracite will protect dealer
territories.
Anybody can go to either breaker and buy bulk loose coal 170.00 a ton Picked up Bagged coal must be bought threw a Dealer

mr1precision

Post by mr1precision » Tue. May. 19, 2009 8:58 pm

OMG! I just got a quote from the local Aubuchon hardware store for 18 tons of blaschak coal. $401.00 per ton! :doh: So far the best price I got was for Reading coal from the local stove shop for $279.00 22 tons. The search continues...

009to090

Post by 009to090 » Tue. May. 19, 2009 10:00 pm

Heres a good thread about getting an independant trucking company. Hope this helps.
Penn Keystone Coal Company

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”