Need Coal? Location and Dealer Inquiries Go Here.

WIcoal

Post by WIcoal » Thu. Jan. 22, 2009 7:39 am

Jack Magnum wrote:Having trouble locating just blaschak. The places I've contacted actually just mix both reading and blaschak.
Like I said in my PM Jack, Reading Coal & Harman TLC2000's don't mix well! :lol:
Here is Blaschak's website
**Broken Link(s) Removed** I'm sure if you contact them they will find a place local to you that sells their coal.
You could look at this Yellow Pages list for retail coal in each State, including yours; http://www.yellowpages.com/clare-mi/stoves-wood-c ... etc-retail

WIcoal

Post by WIcoal » Thu. Jan. 22, 2009 8:02 am

Devil505 wrote:
Jack Magnum wrote:Having trouble locating just blaschak. The places I've contacted actually just mix both reading and blaschak.
Like I said in my PM Jack, Reading Coal & Harman TLC2000's don't mix well! :lol:
Here is Blaschak's website
**Broken Link(s) Removed** I'm sure if you contact them they will find a place local to you that sells their coal.
You could look at this Yellow Pages list for retail coal in each State, including yours; http://www.yellowpages.com/clare-mi/stoves-wood-c ... etc-retail

RAYJAY
Stoker Coal Boiler: VAN WERT - 600 VA HOT WATER
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: HARMAN- MAGUM STOKER
Coal Size/Type: BUCKWHEAT ON BOTH
Other Heating: NG BOILER

Post by RAYJAY » Thu. Jan. 22, 2009 9:04 am

Hi I'm near Carbondale Pa where is a good place to pickup coal around here? I want to run down with the pickup and get it myself, I know of casy -kassa , and hudson any place closer to me ? and quality of the coal where is the best one to by ? fYI I need buckweat size for my van wert stoker.

thanks jeff

jklamarche

Post by jklamarche » Sat. Jan. 24, 2009 9:28 pm

I live in central Mass (Worcester area) Does anyone know of any other dealers around besides the stove place on rt 20 and Higgins energy in Barre? Need Anthracite coal. Also does anyone have anything to say (good or bad) about the SAEY stove?

Thanks
Jim

jim d

Post by jim d » Sat. Jan. 24, 2009 10:38 pm

patriot coal taunton ma. 508 8246850

Mountainman37

Post by Mountainman37 » Mon. Jan. 26, 2009 8:50 am

I'm in central NH, near Plymouth and hear about some company in Laconia bringing up bulk coal from PA and bagging here for sale....

Can anyone substantiate that story and fill in the details, especially a name and contact info.

Also, anyone know of coal suppliers other than West Lebanon Supply in West Lebanon, NH....that's where I've gotten my coal and it's a long haul for me!

Mountainman37

heatwithcoal
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: AK-110

Post by heatwithcoal » Mon. Jan. 26, 2009 6:31 pm

So as the heating season is now rolling strong I am starting to think of next year and bulk delivery possibilities for W. Mass. This year I paid $270.00/ton and bought 5 tons. I would love to get together with a few folks locally to maybe place an order (if that is the correct term) for next year. Not to compare coal to wood pellets but a friend of mine got together with a few friends and bought a tractor trailer load of pellets. Is there a possibility to get either bulk or bagged in large amounts in the area? I would be looking for 5-6 tons. This is not large by some standards out there but I see an opportunity to save more than a few hundred dollars.

I am in Belchertown, MA.This is close to the Springfield/Amherst area.

Mark

Paulie

Post by Paulie » Mon. Jan. 26, 2009 6:58 pm

Sure, anything is possible, full trailer loads are 22.5 Tons, give or take. The trick is you have to dump in one shot, then
distribute from there. Now you need a loader and a dump truck. Bagged is way more money, but easier to move around, still
need a fork truck. Keep in mind where you dump loose coal, because mixing soil from
the ground is not fun. You may be better off just doing what you do now. Maybe shop around and save a few bucks buying
in summer. Good Luck!

EnergyAllStars

Post by EnergyAllStars » Mon. Jan. 26, 2009 7:05 pm

I'm in central Mass. . . .but, I'm looking to do the same in the late spring/early summer. I'd be in for 10 tons of pea (preferably bagged) What size are you looking to get?

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Mon. Jan. 26, 2009 7:11 pm

There are two ways to do this. One, loose bulk delivery by trailer that gets dumped in one place. It will be difficult to divide up a bulk load, keep that in mind. Or two, bagged and pallettized coal in box trailer. This will require a loading dock and fork lift to unload. The advantage is that it is easy to split up. The disadvantage is, its expensive in bags as opposed to the savings you get in bulk. Bulk loads in some cases can run close to 30 tons, the more you can get in one trip, the bigger your savings are.

heatwithcoal
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: AK-110

Post by heatwithcoal » Mon. Jan. 26, 2009 7:17 pm

Should have posted that I am looking for rice coal.
No chance of getting a coal truck to hit a few different locations and dumping only what is required at any particular spot? If this is way off, please excuse my naivety, just trying to learn and save a few bucks.

Mark

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Mon. Jan. 26, 2009 7:32 pm

heatwithcoal wrote:No chance of getting a coal truck to hit a few different locations and dumping only what is required at any particular spot?
For a coal truck yes but if you're getting it really far away you need to take delivery from a tractor trailer or tri-axle. The cann do that but will never be able to determine who's getting what unless there is scale nearby and every time they go on the scale it's $$$... technically in Pennsylvania it would be illegal to do that. You need a weight slip for each stop with the weight marked exactly.

Paulie

Post by Paulie » Tue. Jan. 27, 2009 9:20 am

There will be no control over who gets what. And keep in mind, drop charges. Every drop assuming you can get some one
to do it, will incur an additional charge, every time. I sell coal, and can tell you first hand, the mark up is MINOR, so, how
much you going to save? You may get a little better deal loading up in the summer from a local supplier. Lot less grief too.
Good Luck!

Hollyfeld

Post by Hollyfeld » Tue. Jan. 27, 2009 9:38 am

If anyone has room for a load that size (22+ton) anywhere in NJ, I'd be willing to go in on some. Then throughout the summer I would show up with some bags and a scale and take my cut.

RAYJAY
Stoker Coal Boiler: VAN WERT - 600 VA HOT WATER
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: HARMAN- MAGUM STOKER
Coal Size/Type: BUCKWHEAT ON BOTH
Other Heating: NG BOILER

Post by RAYJAY » Tue. Jan. 27, 2009 9:53 am

RAYJAY wrote:Hi I'm near Carbondale Pa where is a good place to pickup coal around here? I want to run down with the pickup and get it myself, I know of casy -kassa , and hudson any place closer to me ? and quality of the coal where is the best one to by ? fYI I need buckweat size for my van wert stoker.

thanks jeff
thanks for all the replies................. :roll:

i got a ton on my 2006 Chevy pickup hauled like it was empty :D got the coal from casy-kassa it is strip mined @ 140 a ton ( delivered every one else wanted 200 + a ton 4 ton min.)

will let every one know how it burns, look really good nice and shiny :P

Jeff

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”