Coal Problems

maurizziot

Post by maurizziot » Thu. Feb. 26, 2009 9:02 pm

Blaschak rice coal is terrible, bag's rip easy, to much moisture in bag, these bags leak all over the place, they were frozen solid when I got them, they stack easy, but fell over when they thaw in the garage. lots of stone. all kind's of wood pieces,
luckily saw the wood, and before it clog up the pusher. they talk about these coal being washed befor it leave the plant but I don't think so.

Paulie

Post by Paulie » Thu. Feb. 26, 2009 9:07 pm

You are not the only one to determine Blashak is not the best. To be fair, in the rush to produce and ship rice, they and
others may have become sloppy. I am using kimmels, and have found it to be clean . The bag is a weave, so unlike the gills
on the Blashak bags, it will drain water better if it becomes wet. When it comes right down to it, it is a crap shoot. I sell
bagged coal and brought my supply in during the early summer, before it got too crazy. Ties up some $$, but I suspect that
is why it is clean. Who knows?

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Tue. Mar. 03, 2009 8:40 am

My Reading Bagged is also VERY wet and the bags leak black goo all over, at least most is in the basement. I break them open and put them in my bin to dry it out. I have noticed sticks and junk in mine too!

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”