Tractor Supply Nut and Rice Sale

Gunny5821
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Buck 24
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Anthracite and local Bit

Post by Gunny5821 » Sat. Nov. 28, 2020 8:42 am

warminmn wrote:
Sat. Nov. 28, 2020 12:52 am
I think Kimmels is out of business now??? I loved burning the single ton of Kimmels I bought thru TSC and wish I had a train load of it but I like my Blaschak too as it is so consistent with their blending. . Theres likely some of the Kimmel pallets still around. Unless TSC has changed their source lately its likely from Reading. Its mostly blacksmiths buying it at TSC here too Gunny, or so they told me. But I have other local sources too who sell for home heat.
Just checked Tractor's page for the nut coal, and toward the bottom under "Specifications" says manufactured by "Kimmel Coal and Packaging".

***Also, for those who are age 55 and older, Tractor Supply has a "Senior's Day" where you can get 20% off any non sale items. @ $6.99 per bag, you save $1.40, ends up costing about $5.59 per bag. It is the last Tuesday of every month. Bought a pallet on Veterans Day @ 15% off (military discount) before I found out about the Senior's Day. Gal at the register had never heard of Senior's Day until I had her look it up. https://www.tscstores.com/Seniors-Day.aspx They only have their military/veteran's discount on Veteran's Day and the 4th of July.

Tractor's also has a 6 month no interest payment plan if you purchase $200 or more on your Tractor Supply Card. Just make sure it gets paid off before the 6 months are up or they hit you with the interest charge.

Richard

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Nov. 28, 2020 9:17 am

When TSC first offered coal it was from Kimmels for a year or two and they simply never changed that info on their website. It is not Kimmels anymore. They filed bankruptcy a few years ago. Unsure if they are now closed or open... theres more info on this site somewhere in one of the several TSC topics but Ive forgotten.

Several buyers here have found paperwork from Reading coal in the Miners Choice pallets.

Thanks for the Seniors Day info!!! I am not used to watching for that stuff as I just got into that age group. I will have to take advantage of that discount!

fig
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF360
Hand Fed Coal Stove: T.O.M (Warm Morning converted to baseburner by Steve) Round Oak 1917 Door model O-3, Warm Morning 400, Warm Morning 524, Warm Morning 414,Florence No.77, Warm Morning 523-b
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 7.1/DS Machine basement stove/ Harman SF1500
Baseburners & Antiques: Renown Parlor stove 87B
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous/anthracite
Other Heating: Harman Accentra, enviro omega, Vermont Ironworks Elm stove, Quadrafire Mt Vernon, Logwood stove, Sotz barrel stove,

Post by fig » Sat. Nov. 28, 2020 9:21 am

Seniors day? What age is a senior? Hmm looks like my mom just became my coal supplier.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Nov. 28, 2020 9:37 am

Seniors at 55 huh??????????????? You fckn pups haven't lived long enough to earn "SENIOR" status!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Course I guess we can thank piece of sht AARP for all that!!! LOL

Lightning
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Modified AA 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea Size - Anthracite

Post by Lightning » Sat. Nov. 28, 2020 10:04 am

You telling me I can stop for free coffee at McD's while on my way to TSC to get a discount on my coal in 5 years??

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sat. Nov. 28, 2020 11:09 am

I was almost 57 before I realized I could get into movies cheaper, LOL I am surprised TSC allows it at age 55 with some of the expensive items they sell. I may have to go there more often now.

You have it figured out Lightning! Maybe get a fake ID and do it now ha ha

Lightning
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Modified AA 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea Size - Anthracite

Post by Lightning » Sat. Nov. 28, 2020 11:16 am

warminmn wrote:
Sat. Nov. 28, 2020 11:09 am
You have it figured out Lightning! Maybe get a fake ID and do it now ha ha
The trouble with that is I'd never pass for 55 :lol: :clap:

Bubbalowe
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant II 2310
Baseburners & Antiques: Grodin Petite
Other Heating: electric radiators until used boiler hook up

Post by Bubbalowe » Sun. Nov. 29, 2020 1:45 pm

TSC in Butler PA finally had the 2 for $5 sale price, been getting jealous last couple years hearing about their sales that never reached Butler's store. As for quality seems as good as the other 2 bagged brands I can get local. Size is a little larger this year with less fines or moisture. Good times!

Gunny5821
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Buck 24
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Anthracite and local Bit

Post by Gunny5821 » Sun. Nov. 29, 2020 5:57 pm

Bubbalowe wrote:
Sun. Nov. 29, 2020 1:45 pm
TSC in Butler PA finally had the 2 for $5 sale price, been getting jealous last couple years hearing about their sales that never reached Butler's store. As for quality seems as good as the other 2 bagged brands I can get local. Size is a little larger this year with less fines or moisture. Good times!
Just so you know, back in February, my local TSC was out of the nut coal and said they wouldn't be getting any more until the next season. I checked TSC's website and they were having a nationwide sale on nut and rice at stores with remaining stock. I called around and found a TSC about 50 miles from my location that had 2 pallets in stock, but manager said he wouldn't honor the internet price in store, that it was up to each store manager whether they would honor the on-line price. I called the corporate help line to see if this was policy. The TSC Rep stated that I could make an on-line purchase for any sale items in stock at a local TSC, print off my order confirmation, proceed to my selected store for payment and pick-up at the on-line price.

I placed my order on-line for 50 bags of nut coal at the advertised sale price, selected the TSC store where I wanted to pick-up, and I believe I had 3 or 4 days to proceed to the store for pick-up. This way, if your local store is not displaying a sale price or their sales flyer has a higher price than what is advertised on-line, you can still purchase at the nationwide sale price listed on the web.

Regards,

Richard

Bubbalowe

Post by Bubbalowe » Thu. Dec. 03, 2020 11:29 am

Gunny5821 wrote:
Sun. Nov. 29, 2020 5:57 pm
Just so you know, back in February, my local TSC was out of the nut coal and said they wouldn't be getting any more until the next season. I checked TSC's website and they were having a nationwide sale on nut and rice at stores with remaining stock. I called around and found a TSC about 50 miles from my location that had 2 pallets in stock, but manager said he wouldn't honor the internet price in store, that it was up to each store manager whether they would honor the on-line price. I called the corporate help line to see if this was policy. The TSC Rep stated that I could make an on-line purchase for any sale items in stock at a local TSC, print off my order confirmation, proceed to my selected store for payment and pick-up at the on-line price.

I placed my order on-line for 50 bags of nut coal at the advertised sale price, selected the TSC store where I wanted to pick-up, and I believe I had 3 or 4 days to proceed to the store for pick-up. This way, if your local store is not displaying a sale price or their sales flyer has a higher price than what is advertised on-line, you can still purchase at the nationwide sale price listed on the web.

Regards,

Richard
Good info, I need to keep up with nationwide sales. I'm no coal snob and TSC is closer and cheaper than the other 2 stove store suppliers. Thank you

fig
Hand Fed Coal Stove: T.O.M (Warm Morning converted to baseburner by Steve) Round Oak 1917 Door model O-3, Warm Morning 400, Warm Morning 524, Warm Morning 414,Florence No.77, Warm Morning 523-b
Other Heating: Harman Accentra, enviro omega, Vermont Ironworks Elm stove, Quadrafire Mt Vernon, Logwood stove, Sotz barrel stove,

Post by fig » Thu. Dec. 03, 2020 11:55 am

Also, stores can sell it cheaper then the online price. They had their $5.99 sale online and when I got to the store they had a sign up 2 for $10. I bought all they had which was only 47 bags but better then a sharp stick in the eye.

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Fri. Dec. 04, 2020 10:51 am

A few weeks ago I went and spoke to the manager at our local TSC and he took my number down to call me when the 2/10 sale took place as I requested two pallets. He said they would call. They never did, and I missed seeing the sale online...one day too late.

I just picked up a 2nd ton of Blashak, but if I can catch a 2/10 sale I'm going to pick up at least one more pallet, maybe two and those two will be enough for all of next years heat. I burned several bags of it last year...it wasn't as clean as the Blashak, but it did burn well and actually the blue flames seemed to last quite a bit longer. I just didn't like all the dust fines in it. Blashak had been washed far better and was nice and clean allowing for faster loading with less mess...both are still cleaner than wood.

Bubbalowe

Post by Bubbalowe » Fri. Dec. 04, 2020 6:51 pm

Not sure where TSC bagged coal is warehoused or routed but 2019 bags had handles, very convenient, then they didn't. Start of fall 2020 still no handle bags but today went to load up and voila, handles again! This was a fresh pallet, very clean and dry and appeared recently bagged? My experience has been this coal is fairly dry, little fines and burns with blue flame continuously. I am heating my area of living for 1 bag or $5 very 24 hours, Western PA, can't expect anymore than that.

fig

Post by fig » Fri. Dec. 04, 2020 7:15 pm

Handles here.

keegs
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby (main floor)
Coal Size/Type: nut

Post by keegs » Mon. Dec. 07, 2020 8:24 am

Handles on the ten I just bought on sale.

I've been pulling bags of coal from the outside basement stairwell and stacking them inside the basement for use. Most of what I've been pulling have been bags of TS coal. I did pull one bag of Blaschak that had a few small holes in it and put it aside for use. I burned that Blaschak yesterday finishing it up this morning. The Blaschak looked cleaner coming out of the bag and had only a small amount of fines at the bottom of the bag. The chunks were generally larger than the TS coal. But FWIW my impression was that the Blaschak didn't burn as long and took more tending than the TS brand. I filled the Chubby up last night around 10:30 and at 7AM this morning I was in recovery mode reviving a small area of live coals to bring it back. Now that's only a one bag comparison and I'm no expert.

Return to “Coal Prices & Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries & Reviews”