- Posts: 1640
- Joined: Tue. Mar. 12, 2013 3:00 pm
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: handfed coal stove
- Coal Size/Type: nut/ pea ant.some bit.
- Stove/Furnace Model: ds circulator/1500 sl/wh.
- Location: NW ohio
thanx guys reading it is now that is clear , and not to get of the tsc subject ,but there is a eamily,farm and home store next door to the tsc store that is selling reading pea ,and nut for five dollars a bag and tsc with there own type of bag for five dollars and thirty cents !! hmmm , thanx again for clearing that up ,,,,
- Posts: 623
- Joined: Thu. May. 29, 2008 11:55 am
- Stove/Furnace Make: Harman Super Magnum
- Stove/Furnace Model: Super Magnum Stoker
- Location: Northern N.H.
Like I've posted.. have had excellent Coal rice from TSC for the last 3 seasons.. 1st season only thing wrong was the bags.. they cleared that up with nice plastic bags. Better then Blazchak ones. And no fines at all..amazing.. I thought it would bad or worse coal then Blazchak which I burnt for 10 seasons here. But it's better all around then Blazchak.. well see for the 2018 2019 season. On a side note I burn 7 ton a year.
- Posts: 23
- Joined: Sun. Nov. 08, 2015 7:50 pm
- Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Lil heater
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS comfort max 75
- Coal Size/Type: Rice, nut
- Other Heating: electric baseboard
- Location: Townsend, Delaware
Few years back use to buy a large ton, one complete pallet which was 2400 lbs. There were 60 bags to a pallet, but no more .
- Posts: 2902
- Joined: Tue. Feb. 08, 2011 5:59 pm
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Frankenstove
- Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite
- Other Heating: wood and a little LP
- Location: Land of 11,842 lakes
Yes, $60 less. my Blaschak was 310/ton last year. Not sure what it will be this year but it usually goes up $5 a year. I did burn a bag of my load of TSC and it was about like last year. I could use propane at the same cost or a little less but its just not the same heat wise. I like having a warm spot in the house.
- Posts: 46
- Joined: Sat. Dec. 06, 2008 10:51 pm
- Stove/Furnace Make: Qualified Range cook stove
- Stove/Furnace Model: model 1818 circa 1935
Ive been using TSC coal last 2 years... 300 a ton here then I call the coal supplier about 70 miles from here he has bulk Lehigh 217 a ton bagged for 249 so guess,I will be making a drive...